Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Warrior


Hello All,

I know, it's late on Sunday and you are probably thinking what's going on. Well I did do alot of card making this weekend but with so many family followers, I can't post what I made. For instance, I made Linda and Lisa's B-day cards. It would ruin the surprise to post them here before they arrive in the mail so you will all just have to be patient.

I did work on some St Patrick's day cards and that is what's displayed above. Again, I'm going to leave the inside off the blog so that there are some little surprises for those of you that get this. I found some gorgeous Kiwi satin ribbon at Mary Maxim yesterday and I was itching to use it. I thought it would fit nicely with a St. Pat's themed card. I had a little trouble with this card though. My brain just would not get creative. I think that is because Linda's card took alot of time coloring and cutting and I was having brain freeze. Anyway, I borrowed the layout from my Thinking of You card last weekend. The inside sets it apart though so just hold your horses.

Card Details:

Stamp: My Sentiments Exactly O295 (individual rubber stamp)
Ink: Honeydew; Encore Ultimate Metalic
Paper: AC Cardstock, Martha Stewart Playful Pink Paper Pad DP
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, satin ribbon, dimensionals


Hint of Spring




My second card is another Thinking of You. I found this card last fall as I perused through Amy Sheffer's site but I never had the right tools. I did a little sale shopping on Saturday and found the stamp to use at JoAnn's as well as the Argyle CuttleBug embossing folder. I have been dying for that one so I was thrilled to find it finally. I kept the fall color pallet but the buds still remind me of Spring. Perhaps it's because they look like Dogwood flowers and they would be much prettier to look at than the snow we got this weekend!

This was pretty easy and I had fun coloring with my Copic Markers. Mary Maxim's had quite a few in overstock clearance so I picked up about 10 more. Having the right colors makes all the difference when it comes to shading. I am really trying to master that technique and hope to have more to share after the Copic Instructor Certification Class I am taking in March. The class was originally scheduled for Rochester, NY but then got moved to Buffalo. I egged Lizzie into coming along with me and we hope to have a fun day playing with Copics and coming out with our Certifications.

Card Details:

Stamps: Cherry Blossom; Rubber Stampede, Expressions; Inkadinkado
Ink: Brown StazOn
Paper: AC Cardstock
Accessories: Argyle Cuttlebug EF, ribbon; wired organza by Offray, Copic Markers YR04, Y17

Hope you all have a great week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

No comments: