Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Greetings - Verve Style


Ok - I know it's only Tuesday but I finished a challenge that I saw tonight following an ETSY Blog Hop. This one was timed! I had to create the design and complete the card in one hour. Not only that - we had limited supplies, One ribbon, three layers and two colors plus one neutral. It was tougher than you might think but the time constraint made you think keep it simple and sweet. So here is my take. I used the red, black and white combo. I just got my order of Verve stamps and decided to pull out the birthday birdie. I think she is so cute! I love the flourishes on her hat, tail, balloons and sentiment. I'm a flourishes girl - what can I say? Since you couldn't layer or add embellishments I kept it simple, just added the black grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you are having a great week.

I made my first March Verve challenge card as well. I'll post that later - need to get some sleep first. DH is already off to bed!

Thanks for looking!

Cath


Card details:

Stamps: Verve - Birthday Surprise
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics markers
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye - Out & About DP
Accessories: black grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Nestabilities Label one die cut

2 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Cath, this is just GORGEOUS! I love the colors and that bird is just too cute! You did an amazing job on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Beautiful card Cathy. You won the prize from Paper Makeup stamps off my blog!!!! Congrats!