Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dreams and Discoveries...

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you were able to find time to refresh and unwind this weekend. The DH and I have spent lots of time in the gardens and enjoying the sun. Next up, we (that means he) cleaned the bike (Harley that is) to get ready for our vacation next week. We're heading to Americade in the Adirondak mountains and we are so looking forward to getting away for 5 days! Yup - this will be the longest stint since January that I won't be able to make cards. DH is a little worried I'll go into withdrawal without sitting at the computer blog surfing each night. I think I'll survive but I will miss y'all.

I was very productive today and have lots to share.

First up - it's graduation time.



I thought I'd pull out stars. I love stars - they shine and guide you and
twinkle wherever you are. They make me happy and I thought they were a perfect addition for graduation wishes. The DP is from K&Company named Blue Awning and it fits the school colors I have in mind perfectly. I've been eyeing this for some time and finally caved in the last time I was in NY. FYI Michaels sells it cheaper than AC Moore and I had a 50% off JoAnn's coupon. How sweet was that? The card stock is Bazzil.

Since I didn't have the perfect stamped sentiment I came up with one and generated it on my computer using CK Jacques font. I had really wanted to buy this font when ScrapNFont was selling off the CK line but I played frugal and said no. The next week CK started marketing the fonts themselves. They even offer one free every Friday and I was so thrilled that this was their first one. Whoo Hoo.

The image was stamped with Navy StazOn ink from the Nightingale set by Inqueboutique. The stars were cut out using Cuttlebug dies. The navy ones were highlighted with Faded Jeans Distress Stickles. I didn't have the right shade of Dew Drops but not to worry I colored some silver ones with my Prussian Blue (B39) Copic Marker. You'd never know they didn't come that color! If you look close, you can see the paper border I added alongside the stripe DP. It was done with the Cornice border punch by Martha Stewart.



I used the same font on the inside computer generated sentiment. This was my first time using my new Spellbinders Label 3 dies and I love them. That's it for this one!

Next up is a simple note card. I made this some time ago and just dug it out to send to someone so I thought I would share it with you. It's pretty simple. The image was stamped with Versamark and embossed with white EP. This is one of the stamps from the SU Boroque Motifs set. The sentiment is from Savystamps.



Isn't the ribbon yummy? It's double sided and I found it in the $1 bin at Michaels when they were on sale for $0.75. You know how much I hoard ribbon - lucky I could only find one - the DH doesn't think I could possibly use all the ribbon I have! Now I didn't own a Nestability at the time so this was all cut by hand.

Hope you all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

No comments: