Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ketto Smiles

Happy Saturday! I know, it seems like forever since you have seen something new from me. I have a real surprise for you today. I just got my first package of Stamping Bellas and Kettos and a Huggabugg too! If you haven't yet experienced these lovely characters head on over to the Stamping Bella store to check out the card gallery. These stamps are just too cute. I woke up early (5:30 am) so that I could play and DH thinks I'm crazy. Anyhooo, I colored with both my Copics, Prisma pencils and Gamsol and am quite happy with the result. Of course there are mistakes if you look close, so don't!



The main stamp is Maisy Ketto from Stamping Bella and the sentiment is Verve's Thankful Blossoms. I added glitter on the crown using the Lavender Spica pen and then added Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter. I applied this to the wings as well using Linda Heaven's glitter technique found here. This is a nifty little tutorial if you're interested. Of course I used Spellbinders Label 4 and Rectangles for the main image panel and the sentiment. The scalloped border is from EK Success. The DP is from a K&Company scrap pad and Provo Craft slab. (I got both on clearance at Michaels last weekend when I went back home. I love being in the land of plenty in a real town. You know how limited my resources are here in Michigan!) I added a little SU crystal effects to the flower as well as "Copper Star" Gelly Roll accents.

We have a wedding to attend this afternoon so I won't be able to create more until tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a great day and thanks for looking.

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, it is beautiful--great job. I can't wait to see more. I love the glitter and the fact that your camera captured it.