Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dual SFYTT


Hello everyone and Happy Sunday - again! Do you see the pattern here? Guess you could say I'm more of a weekend warrior. Anyway, hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I spent a great deal of the day yesterday making cards. After being on the road last weekend I had some catching up to do.

We recently had a new Scrapbooking store open in town (Destination Marysville) and I wanted to send a card to the owner to wish her well. I turned to Jen del Muro's SFYTT to give me the bones. It's much easier to have a layout to follow and just pick the papers, embellishments and stamps. Another great tip I've learned searching my favorite blogs, is to use the papers that coordinate from paper packs so that they automatically go together. It saves a heck of a lot of time trying to find the right color shade to compliment single sheets.

Flowahbella was colored using Copics and touched up with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The little shamrock in the good luck sentiment was colored with Green Apple Smooch. Smooch is a Pearlized Accent Ink that looks like nail polish and comes with a very thin applicator. I love it! I've seen these forsale on some internet sites but I was lucky to have found this one at Photo Scraps while I was on vacation in Maryland last weekend. I'm sooo glad I bought it - it's very fun to use.

Here's a peek at the inside...



I generated the sentiment panel on my computer using the LD QuickNote font. The scallop border was made using a Fiskars scallop punch that also had circles punched out but the turquoise paper covers them up.

Onto Card Number 2



I made another card using the same layout and it has a totally different feel. This is a Halloween card that I started with my niece McKenz last weekend. I bought a clear Halloween set from Impression Obsession while at the Novi Rubber stamp convention. I thought it was so different and would be great for my bigger kids. Wait till you see some of the other images that I haven't inked up yet! Anyway, for this one, I remembered some feather "flowers" that I picked up from Hobby Lobby last year for 90% off at the end of the season. I bought them because I thought they would look great in a vase for the fall season. But I also believe they look neat with this image. The stamp has tendrils that flow down from the pumpkin and it reminded me of feathery masks and such. I simply stamped the image twice and cut the bowl out to place over the feather ends to cover them up.

The papers are from Martha Stewart and we got these for 50% off last weekend from Michaels. I love traveling simply to visit new stores...it seems that each region carries its own merchandise patterns and lines. I miss all the choices and feel very limited in Michigan. UGHH. I guess that means that I'll have to travel more frequently. He he! Ok, on to the card.

The bats came from my EK Success Bat Border punch. I simply recycled some for this card. The Halloween sentiment is from a pack of Holiday Clear Sentiments I picked up from Target last year. They say by Marcella K but if you look at the back they are really by K&Company and that must be the name they use to distribute for Target stores. A strand of paper cording I purchased in the jewelry section is wrapped around a brad to hold the sentiment panel onto to the card. I had to use Black StazOn ink for the sentiment to get the full image to transfer to the paper. That's the one thing that I find hard with clear stamps, sometimes ink has a hard time adhering to the whole image and it leaves an impression that looks splotchy. The StazOn had a nice clean transfer - yeah!

Anyway, I like the way this turned out and can see me making this card again for the rest of the "girls" this halloween.

I also have a few more pictures of my new nephew Jack that I thought I would share.

Here he is with my niece McKenz holding him on Labor Day.



Here he is all on his own - 4 days old and sleeping soundly. He did alot of that while we visited. I guess being born is pretty exhausting!



Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for looking.

Cath


Card Details:

Flowahbella
Stamps: Flowahbella and Good Luck sentiment from Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics (along with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol for blending)
Paper: Neenah White, Bazzil Gold cardstock, AC Turquoise cardstock, K&Company Wild Raspberry DP
Accessories: Green Apple Smooch, Brenda Walton adhesive rhinestones, dimensionals, Nestabilities square, large and small circles, Labels 4, Fiskars border punch, computer font LD Quick Note

Halloween Wishes
Stamps: Impression Obsession and Marcella K
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics for the main image panel, Jet Black StazOn for the sentiment
Paper: Neenah White, Bazzil Black, Martha Stewart DP
Accessories: Nestabilities large and small circles, EK Success bat border punch, feathers, brads by the Paper Studio, Bella paper cording by Darice, dimensionals, Art Glitter glue

2 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Why did my child have to have her cousin paint her nails in that horrific shade of pink? I love the way the Halloween card turned out. The feathers are fabulous. Connie's card is too cute, as all Bellas are. The Wild Raspberry looks great--I haven't used mine yet. The girlies loved today's post.

William and AnneMarie Hamant said...

Cath- such cute pictures! thanks for posting and sharing!! I love the Guess onsie- he wears it all the time! One of the few long-sleeve shirts we have for him that fit right now!