Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Friend Found

Well Ok - so it's been awhile. We've been back and forth between NY and Michigan trying to get the NY house ready for sale. We're having new carpet installed this weekend so the whole updstairs is a mess. I've had little time available for crafting but am getting together with my Mom and Aunts tonight. Christmas cards are on the agenda so hopefully I'll have something to share with you a little later as well.

Let's Celebrate!



This card is another digital stamp that Mo Manning gave us for free on Paper Craft Planet. She was celebrating the milestone of having 500 members. I joined just under 300 and I can't believe how quickly her numbers grow. This image reminded me of a great big Whoo Hoo and I thought that it would be wonderful card for my lost college friend Bridget. We were lost mostly because I got married and moved and didn't keep in contact. Bridget hunted me down recently by sending a letter to the NY house and it finally found it's way to Michigan. I'm so glad that she made the effort. She's trying to get me to head to UD (University of Dayton) in June for our 25 year reunion. I can't believe how time has flown.

Now on to the card... The design paper is from Cosmo Crickets Early Bird 6x6 paper stack and I love it. I found it at Photo Scraps in Maryland on my last trip to see my Sissy. I have always admired the paper but could never find it locally so I was glad it was the last thing I saw before checking out. The cardstock is Bazzil and of course I used Neenah Classic Crest Solar White for the card base and main image panel. I used Copics to color and Prisma pencils for the highlights around the image. The sentiment was computer generated and layered with paper scraps then embellished with a button and double sided satin ribbon. Martha Stewart's Cornice border punch helped give me a little more charm to the right side.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your Trick-or-Treating~

Cath

Card Details:

Image: Mo Mannig Digital freebie from Paper Craft Planet Group
Sentiment is computer generated.
Ink: Copics and Prisma pencils with OMS
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Brid DP, Bazzil colored cardstock, Neennah Classic Crest Solar White
Accessories: Nestabilites Classic Circle and Labels five (I think), button, satin ribbon, dimensionals and Martha Stewart Cornice border punch

2 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, another spectacular card. Do you know that I have looked for that paper every time I have gone into Photo Scraps since you bought it and they never have it. I love it. Your card is so fun and I am sure it will put a smile on Bridget's face. Mo's illustration is the perfect image for this occasion. I can't believe it has been 25 years since you left UD.

ScrappyLin said...

hi auggie i like this card is the stamp a stamp like the bellas mckenz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11