Monday, October 12, 2009

'Tis the Season

Catch your breath everyone - it's Monday night and I have a post. This is another project that I worked on over the weekend using my new Papertrey Ink September release sets.



I couldn't wait to use my new Ocean Tides paper and coordinating stamp pad. (Just so you know, Papertrey Ink coordinates their papers, ink pads, ribbon, and buttons.) I love the way the teal shade looks with Red so it's a favorite of mine for snowflakes and winter scenes. It's so hard to find this shade locally and I've been searching forever. I wanted it to go with some gorgeous DP called Figgy Pudding Snow by Basic Grey that I bought last year on clearance after the Christmas season (I told you it's been awhile). But I didn't want to cover it up like I would with a main center stage image. This top heavy sentiment panel gave me the opportunity to display an image and still show off the great snowflakes below.

I opened lots of packages for this card. It's the first time I used my Ocean tides paper and ink pad, Hero Arts felt snowflakes, Martha Stewart Snowflake around the page border punch, and Winter Swirls clear stamp set. They all look pretty good together don't you think~

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, it is beautiful and I can't believe you posted on Monday and I was away. I love that you used the twine to connect the mittens. that is too cute. Are the mittens colored or is that the paper? I love how you attached the snowflake on top of the bow. It looks great, sissy.