Monday, June 21, 2010

Graduation Wishes...

Tis the season for graduations and we have one in the family. My niece graduates from High School this week and we'll be heading back to NY to celebrate with her. I drew inspiration from her announcement to make her card more personal and extra special. Katie attended Fairport High and her school colors were red and white but the insignia on her announcement also had a hint of royal blue so I had an Ahhha moment.



I love royal blue, red and silver in combination so this was real easy for me. All the colors were in her announcement! I started with Bazzil cardstock, added some metallic silver paper and a red and white checker print design paper and floral print. Believe it or not the DP came from a Christmas pack by SEI called Winter Song. Mom and I went nuts to find it this past Christmas because it was full of soft blues and reds. Love it! I think Katie's graduation gown will be red but it looked much nicer to compliment my design papers if I did it in blue. So I compromised and added the red sash to tie it all together. I don't really think Katie will care that the gown isn't the right color. Do you?

As usual, I stamped Diplomabella from Stamping Bella on Neenah Classic Crest cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored her with Copics and added shading with prismacolor pencils and gamsol to blend. I used Lindabella's tip of shading the outer edges with VersaMagic Wheat chalk ink.

Jeaniebella and Paulabella have been adding ribbon through loopholes on their iamge panels and I gave that a try. Love it! It "ties" it together instead of hiding behind the panel. Yum - thanks girls! One of my favorite parts of this card is the High School Insignia I added in a Nestibilitie classic circle.

Recycling more of the announcement I decorated the inside of the card with the pencil drawing of the school and the inspirational sentiment.



I hope that Katie takes more than one step to find her future!

Thanks for stopping by! I've got a few more things to show you this week so stop back in a day or two.

Cath

No comments: