Monday, July 19, 2010

Bridalparty Bellas

This week's Bella challenge is a Bella or a Stella. I don't own a Stella yet so a Bella it will be. I've been trying to use some of my new Bella's and incorporate them into cards before the events have passed so...this week we have a Bridal Shower card.



A dear friend from Michigan has a daughter getting married this fall and I have a shower to go to at the end of this month. I fell in love with Bridalparty Bella after seeing a card from Paula Williamson. I decided to use prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol so I could have softer shading and that was the medium Paula used too. I pulled an "I can do that". Which means that I cased the card. No credit here for the layout or embellishments - I even found background paper so close to hers you probably wouldn't know the difference unless they were side by side. Things have been slightly crazy in my life right now so having the design done was most helpful. I was thrilled with my result and I hope the bride will be as well.

I actually didn't use Neenah solar white - but I did use their ivory paper as this matched my papers better. But I did stamp my image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. After coloring and shading, I added some Bella glittah to the bride's dress and one of her bride's maids. I love the sparkle - it's so girly. The dp came as a single sheet from JoAnn's but all the colored cardstock is Bazzil. A simple double satin ribbon bow adorns the front. The layers of cardstock were cut using rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nesties. Love the way the color builds. The finishing touch was blending VersaMagic colored chalk ink in around the main image panel - again I love the way it softens the card.

I'm back in NY again and don't know how long I'll be here. You might not see much of me as I am trying to spend time with my siblings who have all arrived back home too. My Dad was released to home hospice last week and we are trying to make him comfortable and be available for my Mom. While I would love to make cards - since it relaxes me and makes me feel comfortable - it's hard to bring all my tools and then take up space with all the nieces and nephews running around.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

1 comment:

paula tracy williamson said...

This is gorjuss!! Card making and coloring can sit on the back burner while you spend quality time with the fam and your dad. Thinking of you guys in Michigan, love p