Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feel Better - Huggabugg!



This week's Bellarific Friday challenge is Huggabuggs. A Huggabugg is a line of stamps designed by Christi Croll for Stamping Bella. They're a little on the cute side so be prepared. Anyhoo, I choose little Fluey Huggabugg to adorn my card. It's a little simple this week. I worked with limited supply. We were called home to NY unexpectedly and I had little time to throw clothes together and some craft stuff to keep me tide over through the weekend. But craftin is what calms me and makes me feel better so what better way to start the day than to see what I could come up with?

For the background, I used my new Basic Grey Indian Summer 6x6 paper pack. I love fall! I love the rich colors, crisp air, and scents. Seeing this paper brings all those things to mind and makes me want to go Ahhhh. Especially after all the heat we have been having this week! The colored cardstock is Bazzil and you pretty much know that I stamped Fluey on Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. A little twist this week - I used just prismacolor pencils and gamsol to color. I know, I try to work with the Copics but Paula showed us how to color this little cutie up and I had to give it a whirl again. I added some Bella Glittah to the antenae with a Quickie Glue pen - love it. No mess and glue right where you want it. A Martha Stewart border punch and a scrap piece of ribbon helped to finish this off.

I'm hoping to share this with my Dad today. Please keep him in your prayers.

Cath

1 comment:

lizzy giggs said...

Hi Cath!
I'm really enjoying your blog right now! Especially the Marth Lulu? one 2 blogs down(can't close this message box to look!). The colors are very attractive. peachy pink, turquoise and brown? It's giving me ideas! Thanks for the heads up on the Spotted Chick. I added it to my reader and love her sense of color and the way she colors. I'm not sure what's up with your Dad? But I will keep him in my prayers!