Monday, August 9, 2010

Bella and Bronte

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...I went to the Heirloom Stamp show in Novi, Michigan and met up with quite a few of my copic buddies...Kimmy, Mary Jo, Rosa, Heather, and Brenda. Glad to see the Mary Maxim crew. I spent the day with Paula though cruising the booths looking for the gotta have stamp and I was actually very selective. I came home with just a few new stamps, a couple packs of 6x6 paper, a new Nestie die set and a pandora knockoff bracelet.

I spent the evening coloring with Paula and have something to share a little later this week but first I thought I'd show you the Mo Manning image we will be coloring in the September Mary Maxim Classes. Bella and Bronte are a photopolymer clear stamp from Stampavie.



You know the drill, I started with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then colored this with my Copics but did lots of shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Big surprise right? The design paper is by Graffic 45 (love it - the square DP is the reverse of the floral print - score!) and the colored cardstock is Prism.

Copic colors are Y000, Y11, Y13, E000, E00, E11, R20, E33, E37, B95, B97, Y21, Y17, E44 R27, R39, YG95, YG97, R00, R02, C1, C2, C5, 0 Colorless blender,E71

Optional shading with Prismacolor pencils -PC1102 Blue Lake, PC1072 French Grey 50%, PC1076 French Grey 90%

This was so much fun to color and I'm pleased with the bright primary colors. A little different from anything we've colored yet. Hope to see you at one of the classes. Don't forget to call to reserve your seat.

Have a great week.

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

She is so cute and sweet. You have really brought her to life with your shading. The primary colors make me think that it is the perfect back to school card. I wish we could join your class.