Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you caught the Halloween Bug yet?

As I've been cruising through cyberspace, I've noticed that it's time to dust off the old Halloween stamps. I love fall and that includes Halloween. Now I'm not one for dressing up and the whole Trick-or-Treating deal especially since all the kidlets have grown up and are out of the house. But I do love the colors and with that comes papers and stamp supplies. I was able to work on a few projects this weekend that got me excited for October. First one was for the Stamping Bella Bellarific Friday challenge. This week we had a sketch challenge from Paulabella and I must say that it was so simple that I struggled with it. Actually the sketch wasn't the challenge - it was making the sketch into a WOW card. My first attempt was so-so, so I'll be saving that for another post. I liked the card mind you but it didn't jump at me.

So I cruised blogland I had an Ahh-Haa moment. On one of my visits to color with Paulabella, she let me stamp some images so that I could expand my card possibilities. (She's the most generous stamper out there I know. She's always willing to show you what she does and she genuinely loves to see you grow.) I digress - sorry. Now, my Bella Box has quite a few images in it and when my last order arrives I'll be bursting at the seams but I don't have nearly the number of stamps that Paula has. That girl came to my house with a piece of luggage filled with the Bella Binders full of stamps. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I found little miss Bewitched-a-'tude and couldn't resist. So here goes...



I was limited to a sketch in the shape of a sideways square or diamond. I dug out the Nestie's Label 3 dies because it's in the shape of a square but has room for a circle. I didn't think I could get the image I stamped into a square so I cut and layered it in a circle and then placed it into the square and tilted it. Voila - I was able to satisfy the sketch. I brought out my Copics for the rich vibrant color but shaded with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I added some Bella glitter as if this witch just lit up the evening sky.

The papers are from last year's Martha Stewart collection. I loved them so I had gotten two 12x12 packs and have lots left to play with. I'm sort of a paper hoarder so it did feel good to put this to use. The Martha punch around the page Spider Web boarder caught my eye last year but I couldn't find it locally. Having a Sissy that has lots more stores to cruise than I do helped as well as having twin girls to drag along. Armed with Michael's 50% off coupons the girls picked up both the border and corner punch for me - Woo Hoo. I've added the border down the center of the papers to separate them and then added a sheer black ribbon tied into a bow. To tie it all together, I punched a small hole into the orange frame around the image and fed it through. To finish this I adorned the bow with a black crystal and then stamped Happy Halloween and paper pieced it in the lower left corner. Done!

Don't forget to go to the Bella blog to see what the Babes and sistahs have in store. There has been lots of inspiration with the DT search so you sould get lots of new ideas.

See what the Mini-Bella's did for this week...

Madison's Card...



McKenz's Card...



Aren't they swell?

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

1 comment:

LindaH said...

ahhhh...girlfriend....FREAKING GENIOUS use of the sketch! now why didn't i think of using a circle in a square! would have saved me sooooooooooo much heartache!