Sunday, September 5, 2010

One down...can't even think how many to go!

I guess it's time to hop on the band wagon...the Christmas card making frenzy band wagon that is. Linda posted this week that she has plans to make one holiday card a week to tackle this task. I've never been on time with making ALL my Holiday cards. Can't even imagine MAKING that many. And at this point, I don't think one a week will actually supply me with enough for all my family and friends that I would like to make one for. But, she's right, you can't wait forever and one is better than none. So I started with Penelope with Prezzies from Stamping Bella.



I have a niece that will be getting this card along with her Christmas presents this year. The image reminds me of her and I just love the look of these presents. They are so fun to color. I've highighted the circles in the wrapping paper with a clear Sakura Glaze pen as well as adorning the bow on top with some Bella glitter applied with Quickie Glue. If you haven't tried this adhesive yet, I highly suggest it. It's easy and neat and your glitter really pops.

Since Copics give a rich vibrant color, I started there. I'm thrilled with how velvety the red dress turned out. Just build layers of red and blend it out. And since I chose Copics, I stamped this with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah Classic Crest cardstock. Of course, I shaded around the image with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. The tan shading is actually Wheat chalk ink from VersaMagic that I blended while the panel was still in the Circle Nestie. I love the look of punching a hole in your main design panel so that a bow will sit on top rather than crowding to the side so I've done that here as well.

Ok, now that I've got one down, perhaps it won't be so hard to do another.

Hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. I am thrilled to have another day to hide in my craft room.

Don't forget to stop by Blogabella to see what's on special this week for the Tantalizing Tuesday sale. A small comment from you might turn into some Bella cash. I won $20 the previous week and just bought some of last week's specials - did you check out Battiful Darling for just $0.50? How sweet is that - just in time for Halloween. Elaineabella did an awesome card this week showcasing this stamp.

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon.

Cath


Stamps: Penelope with Prezzies and sentiment(Stamping Bella)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paper: red dp-Basic Grey, June Bug, greeen dp-Graphic 45, cardstock Bazzil
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Sakura Clear Glaze pen, Quickie Glue, Bella Glitter, Martha Stewart Embossed Zig Zag punch, sheer ribbon, dimensionals, Nesties Large and Small Circles, and Labels 3
Size: 5x7

2 comments:

stamping bella said...

me LOVES Penelope!! did she buy me anything?? LOL

paula tracy williamson said...

ohhh, I do NOT have this and I see what I need to borrow for you. What a cool idea to make her for the holidays! Love her!