Sunday, October 3, 2010

Diva Take 2

Woo Hoo - Bella's are coming to Mary Maxim! Stamping Bella's that is. The wonderful rubbah stamps that have pretty much captured all my stamping moments for the past year. There are so many to choose from and there seems to be a stamp for every occassion - who wouldn't be enthralled? So to celebrate, we'll be coloring Diva, created by Mo Manning for Stamping Bella in our November Copic class.



This might look familiar to you. I colored this once before but had to modify it a little for class. I've started with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and shaded with prismacolor pencils. We'll be adding pencil shading to our creations since it adds wonderful depth to the images - especially Mo's that are full of natural shading areas. I also shaded the image panel with Encore Utlimate Metallic ink in green with a blending sponge.

A Diva has to sparkle so I added Bella glitter with a Quickie Glue pen all over the boa and tiara and added some K&Company rhinestones in the far left corner. It needed something more so I also added some velvet ric rac ribbon. I'm not in love with it but it'll do.

The card base is by Studio G. They come in a pack of 8 5x5 cards and envelopes for $0.99. The corners are already rounded and I believe they are a bargain. A real time saver if you have multiple cards to make. I added prisma cardstock and Melissa Francis design paper. The image panel was cut with a large Circle Nestie and backed with a large Big Scallop Nestie. Some dimensionals help to raise the panel.

Voila! Another class card done and waiting for you to give the store a call to reserve your spot. They're free so why not give it a try if you live in the Port Huron, MI area? I'll update my sidebar with class dates.

Copics used: E000, E00, E11, R20, R22, E04, E33, E35, E37, YR23, Y21, C1, C2, C5, BG09, BG02, BG000, BG10, BG13, V12, R39

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Cath

No comments: