Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tis the Season

Today I have my weekly holiday card to share with you. This card reminds me of my daughter and she will most likely be getting it in the mail soon to get her ready for our annual day after Thanksgiving Black Friday shopping excursion. And she told me that I needed to start coloring hair blond so that it would look more like her. I obliged that request...

Here is Stamping Bella's Tis the season to be Jolly Bella.



And yes, this season makes my daughter very Jolly. She loves all the traditions the holidays bring. I started with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Copics. I accented the packages, the tree and bags with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. They add the best shading. I went a little further and added accents with various Gelly Roll pens. Then I added glitter - the holidays scream glitter. And it has the added benefit of looking like snow. Ok - I am crazy and somewhat like a glisteny snowy scene.

Here's a closeup...



My colors were chosen with the design paper in mind. I used Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding Forest design paper. I thought it fit the tree in the cart wonderfully. One of my favorite Holiday memories was hunting for the Christmas tree with my daughter. My husband now likes to buy a cut tree so the whole over the river and through the woods thing is just a memory.

Cardstock is Stampin' Up Ridding Hood Red and Bazzil. A perky satin bow is the only adornment.

We're halfway through the week so keep your chin up. I'll be back on Friday with a new take on the sketch challenge from Elaineabella. Hope you were able to send a card off to Emily. You still have time so get going.

For my local friends, please note that Mary Maxim has a copy of this card on display. Stop by to check it out.

5 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath you did an amazing job colouring this image up! Fantastic card

Pauline said...

Awesome card Cath! Great coloring and love the paper and all your little extra's.

Unknown said...

Oh, how are husbands are alike but mine let's me drag him to at least 3 tree farms looking for my perfect tall fat tree only to have me frustrated with MD and go to the same country nursery to pick out the perfect pre-cut tree. It is a win win for everyone. The girls get to experience both our traditions. You did a great job on the hair and she definitely looks like Jess.

Amy Sheffer said...

Incredible!!! Love your coloring!

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Cath!