Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Peeps Pink Christmas

Hello folks...bet you thought you lost me. Sorry, life has gotten just a little hectic. Couldn't sleep last night so I thought it would be more productive to make a card. So in the wee hours, I colored up Christmas Peeps by Stamping Bella. Went a little non-traditional too with a pink tree.


Since the day I saw this image I knew I wanted to color the tree pink. Ever have a vision like that? I started of course with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink, and my copics. Then I added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I know you've heard that forever from me but if the formula works why change it right?

I can tell ya that the colored cardstock is a combination of Bazzil and AC cardstock. I'm trying to use all the little snipets I have laying around. The design paper has a shimmer to it. Couldn't tell ya where it's from though. My craft room looks like a bomb went off in it. I started packing it but then had to leave some stuff out - no card making for 3-4 weeks would kill me. So, I'm living in craziness right now. And check this out, the ribbon is a small piece that came in a bag of scraps from Mary Maxim. I've packed almost all my other ribbon up. How cool is it that the color I needed was still in the drawer? It's as if it was meant to be. I little liquid pearls adorned with glitter were used for the snowy blanket and Martha Stewart glitter in a sage green adorn the ornaments but I applied it with Quickie Glue.

You still have time to participate in this weeks Bellariffic Friday challenge. The theme is SNOW. We had a few flurries of the white stuff yesterday. I'm sure you can scrounge up a suitable image or just add snow to a summery one for a little Christmas in July fun. Be creative, have fun, but then send Emily@stampingbella.com a picture of your card so she can post it on her blog so we can see it too. And you never know, you might win some Bella bucks. I'll bet the new Lulu's are on your wish list. Mine were waiting for me on my doorstep when we got back from Thanksgiving. Woo Hoo!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cath

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, ADORABLE! Can't let my DD see this, or she'll be asking for a pink tree this year! That image is just PRECIOUS! Beautiful card!

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I love the pink tree. It is SOOO cute. The paper is beautiful and I love your soft shading around the tree. I also love the way you used the dark green rectangle behind the scalloped one. It looks fantastic.