Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Friends...

Sometimes it takes a huge event to show us just how much our friends care. This past month has demonstrated that for hubby and I with our move (or dual moves as it turns out). The most challenging was our move from Michigan to New York. We didn't have family there but we had an equal substitute. My BFF (or Michigan BFF as we tease) spent 5 days straight with me during her week off to wrap, pack, haul and purge. She shoveled snow, threw salt to melt ice and carried more boxes than I think she thought she could. She came at the drop of the hat at 7 am when we called frantic that the 11:00 am pickup had been changed to 7:45 and the bed still had to be loaded. She and her husband cooked dinners, painted a door and kept me on track. She was sad for my departure but she never faultered in the task at hand.

In Rochester, the task was somewhat easier with kids home, family to call on and friends that again would come at the drop of a hat. Funny how others can give you a better perspective on the necessity to save documents, clothes, knick knacks, etc. It is in that light that I challenge myself to tackle 2011. What good is it to have if we don't use? So from craft items to household collections, I will determine need versus want (and by want I mean do you want to have to move that ever again?)


So for all my BFF's I have decided to use Gracie Lollipop, a Lori Boyd image for Stamping Bella, into a thank you card. I chose the sentiment, also by Stamping Bella, for it's play on words. You see, my friends are truly a "cut above the rest". Now notice how I paper pieced Gracie's dress - it's a cut? And then there is the "cut" image placed on dimensionals and centered right smack dab in the middle of my heart. Where they belong! Did ya get all that?

I started by stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bella's Bestest paper and coloring with copics. Cardstock is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and Ridding Hood Red by Stamping Up! Design paper is Road Map Blue and White Motel by October Afternoon. This is the 12x12 double sided version. I got this during my trip to Bellaland in November - I think it's about time to start using it!

The heart was cut with a Nestie die and then matted with a Scalloped Heart Nestie. A little machine stitching finishes this off. (Yup, I finally found my sewing machine! Woo Hoo)

You still have time to participate in the first Bellariffic Friday challenge of 2011. Just send a picture of your creation to Emily by Thursday. Here's the sketch from Kim Teasdale again.

See ya soon.

Thanks for stopping by,
Cath

4 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, I love it. You are very blessed by the friends that you have. I hope that you can find that special kind of person in your new town. Now, update your bio info, please!

Swildman said...

Cath,wish you the best in your new home. Sure going to miss you, but life gives us alot of new chapters and each one is a blessing!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Gorguss card Cath, I love the sewing around the heart and the paper piecing on her dress and heart.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on Linda's comment, Cath. I absolutely love the card. Would have NEVER thought of a layout like that! I'm going to have to keep that image/layout in the back of my mind. :)