Friday, January 28, 2011

Isn't every day a Beer day?

Well if you're my husband it is. He loves his beer. Not to say that he overdoes it but this image had his name written all over it. I was thrilled that EMily asked me to color him up to bring to CHA with her. This is Beer Peep, a new release from Stamping Bella. It could only have been better if it didn't have the lime so I could make it look like a Coors Light bottle.


So, have you ever colored up beer before? I had not! I merely searched the internet for images of Corona and I found lots of inspiration. So I pulled out my Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink and copic markers. I used prismacolor pencils on the label so I could control the shading just a little better and of course used them to shade around the image and for the grass.

I wanted some depth to the image panel so I stamped and colored a duplicate image and popped it up on dimensionals. Then I applied a double coat of Crystal Effects from Stampin Up! to give the appearance of glass. Design papers are a combination of Pink Paislee 6x6 Bayberry Cottage and 365 degrees. Colored cardstock is Papertrey Ink. I used the Cuttlebug dry embossing folder - Houndstooth to give dimension to the green circle panel and of course did machine stitching to finish it all off. Men always make things difficult and frown on ribbon or bows or glittery girly embellishments but this needed something. So I found a metallic elastic cording to create a button looped adornment. Ha, if you look close it does kind of glitter.

Voila - a birthday card for the hubby is done!

Now don't forget that next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is Valentine's Day. Get your heart stamps inked and send a picture of your creation to Emily by Thursday night ok? I'd love to see what you've come up with. Emily is @stampingbella.com of course. Then visit us at the Bella blog to see it showcased along with all the other sistahs.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cath

I've been asked which copic colors I've used to color the beer. I believe it was Y00, 11,15,17 with a smidge of YR15 at the bottom. Hope that helps!

4 comments:

Dana White said...

This is a perfect "GUY" card - aren't you lucky getting hubby's card done! You did a great job with the non girlie adornments! Have a great weekend

Leslie said...

The minute I saw this new stamp I knew it would be fab for the 'boys'. You did an excellent job! Cheers :)

Pauline said...

I agree with Dana, a perfect 'guys card, that's why I ordered it as well! Great card Cath.

Blaire said...

I love this card. You did a great job. What copic colors did you use to color the beer? I am having problems getting the right shading. Thank you for the inspiration.