Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birthday Girl

Today my cousin Michelle celebrates a birthday as well as one of my dear friends Connie. In their honor, I set about using a stamp that I've had for awhile but have never found the time to play with. It's by Loralie Designs aptly named Birthday Girl. My first glimpse of this stamp was at the stamp show in Novi. Then Mary Maxim started stocking them and I was psyched. The logo for the company claims that they touch the heart with fun art and I must admit that the images are full of fun.



Now if you've ever seen the packages, they appear to have lots of detail but when you stamp them they are void all the extra lines. You have to add some freehand artestry if you want to duplicate the package. Today I gave my shot at adding more detail to the cake, her hair, the party hat which is typically plain and paper pieced the top and capris. I had to mask the main image to add the packages but I love the effect.

Much of the coloring was done with Copics on Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock but some additional shading was done with the French Grey 90% prismacolor pencil blended with gamsol. I added some Canary Yellow around the candles and then topped it off with some glitter. The glasses got a good coating of Stampin Up! Crystal effects to enhance the look of glass.

These images are big so there isn't much room to add many extras but they are so full of life that I don't think you need much else anyway. I added some machine stitching, some blue rhinestones and a Happy Birthday ribbon bow from my Mary Maxim stash. Finished card is 5x7.

Happy Birthday girls!

Love Ya,
Cath

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath I love how you paper pieced her outfit - what a great image!!

Swildman said...

Loce the Loralie image GREAT work!!