Friday, February 25, 2011

You're a Good Egg

Happy Bellariffic Friday folks! I've already warned you that I have Easter on my mind. For this week's challenge of inking something new, I chose to color up one of my new Easter images. I love Stamping Bella's Chichiboulie fairies and this one is no exception. Eva Bloom comes with the two sentiments that I layered on the sentiment banner. Her great big Easter egg and innocent face caught my eye.


I'm a creature of habit and the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pad has been on my desk so I naturally flipped through it when trying to decide which design papers to use. I loved the whimsical feel of the polka dot paper in the background here and let it set the tone for my color scheme. I also chose to cut my image out after I colored her and placed her on top of a panel that was cut using a Tim Holtz die. The paper here is by Bo Bunny. I added some hand drawn stitching with a black copic micro pen.

The details: Bella's Bestest paper, October Afternoon Modern Homemaker, Bo Bunny, Papertrey Ink kraft and red cardstock, Memento Tuxedo black ink, copics, prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol, dimensionals, Tim Holtz die, Quickie glue pen, glitter, machine stitching, finished card size A2 (5 1/2 x 4 1/4).

Mini-Bella McKenzie participated with us once again. She shares a card made using Izzie with a cherry on top. Love all your shimmery and glittery papers and the frosting looks yummylicious. I can't resist the cherub faces of Izzies either.

Next week's challenge is a photo-color inspiration and it comes to you from Ebru once again.
She's on a roll folks. The birthstone for March is Aquamarine. Simply use this to inspire your creation and send a copy to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. Then stop in to the Bella blog to see what the sistahs come up with and of course, to see your creation. Who knows, you might win $20 in Bella bucks for participating. No time this week to play, no problem. But don't forget to head to the Bella Blog and leave a comment. One lucky commentor receives $10 each week.

Hope you have some great weekend plans. We're expecting snow again so I hope to spend some time in my craft room.

Ciao for now and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

2 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

You sure do have Easter on your mind :o) Cath. She is absolutely lovely, your coloring and the colors you chose are marvelous girl !!!
Ohh I love what Mckenie created, our future bella babe :o)

Dana White said...

LOVE this card for Easter!! SO sweet. Your colouring is amazing as always. McKenzie used one of my favourite Izzies & did an amazing job!!