Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Chickies!

Happy Easter folks! Hope you were able to share the day with family. I've had my Sister in town and the mini-Bella's. We've been exploring, had an adventure trip to NYC, colored, baked, played games and just laughed all weekend.

I wanted to share this card that I made for the girlies Easter present.

Sissy and I call them Chickies so this Stamping Bella stamp called Chick Stack was perfect. I wanted to keep it clean and simple so I colored the chicks up with copics on Bella's Bestest paper and added a computer generated sentiment. I used my new Nestie die and matted the image with Kraft cardstock and a satin ribbon bow. It ended up being only 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches square.

I added another piece of cardstock to the back so this would stand. Pretty easy, just line up a piece of cardstock that will start below the holes on the top of the card but goes all the way to the bottom of the card. So for this I needed 3 1/4 inches. I then needed to add about 3 inches more - enough to attach to the back without being seen through the holes at either the top of bottom of the frame. I folded the cardstock at 3 inches and glued it to the back of the image panel.

Hope you have a wonderful week. I have a neat card to show you a little later so stop on back ok?

Cath

2 comments:

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, that is SO cute! I love the nestie and the computerized sentiment...so perfect!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY cute, Cath! Happy (belated) Easter!