Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thanks a Bunch


Today I have a Thank you card to share with you. I used Paisley Pixie from Stamping Bella because she looked so cute with her hand picked bouquet of flowers. This was also so appropriate 'cuz I'm giving this to my neighbor who came and watered all my flowers last week while I was away.

Ya know that I stamped Paisley onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. My color medium of choice is Copics. You will find ground and surround shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. The design paper is by My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party. I hope they keep making these 6x6 paper packs because I couldn't live without them. The ribbon is aa scrap that I saved from some packaging I knew I could find a use for. I borrowed an idea from Karen Motz to highlight the image with a fine tip black marker and rhinestones. I've used it before but she recently posted a card and it caught my eye so I had to incorporate it into this.

For a little extra, I also added Bella glitter using a Quickie glue pen. I love the way it sparkles and looks like dew drops.

I'm cramming to get my card finished for Bellariffic Friday. The theme is Bring on Summer. It seems that our change from early 90's to 60's last week presented my body with more than it could handle and I've caught a summer cold. Ack! Don't worry, I think I can make it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath this is stunning - the shading around the flowers is perfect!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This image is SO beautifully shaded, WOWZA! Gorgeous card!