Friday, July 15, 2011

Sneaky Sneaky Bella


Another Bellariffic Friday is upon us. What I love most about the characters Emily and co bring to life, is the limitless occasions they fill. Have you ever perused the Stamping Bella store? I mean Bella, Stella, Izzie and Lulu take us through so many of life's important and trivial events. So it's quite a challenge to enter the coffers and pick just one each and every week. Guess that's why it's called a Bellariffic challenge huh?

Today I share Sneaky Sneaky Birthday Bella. I started by stamping the image onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I then did a combination of coloring with copics, sakura gel pens, and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I even paper pieced the couch and added additional shading with prismapencils. The pillows were stamped onto Bella's paper again, colored and cut out and placed on top of the couch pattern. Design paper is from My Minds Eye Stella and Rose collection and the colored cardstock is Bazzil.

A soft pink hand-dyed seam binding ribbon was added to make a bow and then topped with a yellow button tied with a thread bow. Machine stitching finishes this off along with a Bella sentiment stamped directly onto the design paper.

So are you ready to play along with us next week? We've made it easy for you - our very own Ebrubella has given you a sketch that you can make into a circle or square card. Whatever floats your boat.


But don't forget to send a copy of your card to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday to be included in the Friday lineup and try your luck at winning some Bella Bucks.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cath

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath- fantastic card! I've yet to colour this one, I think I need to. Such a great layout, love the paper pieced couch, papers, colouring and the bow just sets it off. Have a wonderful weekend!

Ebru Vatansever said...

wowzers bella this card is fab !!! The layout, paper piecing and the colors are just gorgus !!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is spectacular, Cath! LOVE the paper piecing, and your coloring is always so fabulous! Great depth and shading!

The Spotted Chick said...

I am LOVIN' this layout and your coloring is UH-MAZING!!! Love everything about it Cath!!

Dana White said...

Cath I love this image and the papers your picked - it's fabulous

Steph said...

Gorgeous card, Cath!! I think this is one of my favs of your's! You know how I love to paper piece- your's is outstanding!!! I LOVE the colours you've used, especially on the couch! x

Olga V. said...

Cath, this is an absolute beauty! Love this card, the colours, the paper piecing, everything... Love it!