Friday, August 19, 2011

BFFabug


Designer Cristy Croll's Huggabuggs were center stage this week for the Stamping Bella Bellariffic Friday challenge. Personally I love these characters so I didn't find it to be much of a challenge at all other than deciding which one I would color. BFFabugg has been in my sights ever since I saw Paulabella's creation a few months back. Then she went and sent me that card. It now sits on my desk in my craft room and gives me lots of inspiration so I thought I would give it a try.

That decision down I still had to come up with paper and layout. I cruised on over to Cristy's blog for some more inspiration and found a ton in her gallery. And actually I found this layout with papers by Echo Park (that I had) and incorporated my image. I'm not sure who the original artist was but head on over and see if something catches your eye.

Of course I started by stamping on Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For a change, I decided to color using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. But of course some things never change so I colored the faces and some of the detail work with copics. Shading around the image panel was done using Tim Holtz distress inks first in antique linen and then in vintage photo. Simply keep the image panel in the Nestie die and apply using a sponge.

A Martha Stewart punch was used on the white latice border strip and again I applied vintage photo distress ink to add the appearance of aging. A simple seam binding ribbon bow was topped with a button and bakers twine. The sentiment is one of the 5 included in the Billboard sentiments pack from Stamping Bella. A Nestie tag die was used to cut it out and then again I added distress ink too for aging.

Next week we have a sketch for you designed by me! I tried to make it pretty easy and I'm already thinking of ways to dress it up. I hope you can find time to play along.


If you were thinking that you needed to grab some of the new release stamps, Em is giving you a sweet deal with some free stamps. The special is good through Monday the 22nd so make your way over to the store and check out all the new rubber.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Cath

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Okay this is way too cute! Love the colours, the red just makes this card pop! Great layout as well Cath, will use this again. Have a great weekend!

Kerri Boucher said...

this is the third time I try to comment..so love the card the colors are great..thks for taking the time to share...

Leslie said...

Wow, I love the deep rich colours on your card and that you added grass for them to play on!! And that seam binding? I'm seeing it everywhere and it's gorgeous!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

OMG Cath you absolutely nailed this card my friend. I love everything about it. Your colouring is gorges !!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cath, this is GORGEOUS! Fabulous coloring, and pairing of papers and yummy seam binding! You out-did yourself on this one1 Absolutely fabulous!

Steph said...

Oh wow wow wow, Cath!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this!! Such gorgeous colours and your colouring is fantastic!!! x

Jessica Diedrich said...

I don't even know what to say about this because I am so blown away by your coloring skills. WOWZA. there, I'll say WOWZA. <3