Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer's End


Well folks, I'm sad to see the summer come to a close. But that's what Labor Day weekend brings here in the States. I felt that I had better get to coloring Ida Lulu by Stamping Bella before another summer comes and goes. Yup this is season number two and yet she was still in her original wrapper. See, I get a little intimidated too...

Now I can't take credit for the design of this card though. I was doing a google search like always and came across a card by Sandra McLean that I fell in love with. I had to share it with you. What I loved best about this was the neat addition of fishnet stockings. Look close now because I had to hand draw them in. Awesome idea Sandra! Ida looks so sexy!

To start, I stamped Ida onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. Then I colored with copics. I also added some shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. To make her hair pop, I went over it with a Black Glaze pen. Her sunglasses have a coating of Crysal effects by Stampin Up! If you look closely at the flower in her hair and on her bathing suit, I added a pink swarkovski crystal.

The background paper is AC cardstock, the design paper is October Afternoon. Spellbinder nesties helped frame the image panel along with machine stitching. The blue sky shading and grass were done with pencils. The sentiment is from Verve and it had a ton of dust on it...seems Bella's find their way into my cluthes most often. Hehe. A simple black ribbon bow finishes this off.

I hope you enjoy your holiday.
See ya soon.

Cath

8 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

And YOU have made me smile today! Love this card, the adorable image, your coloring -- everything! Happy Labor Day!

Robin McK said...

Cath - she is absolutely beautiful!!! You are a brave soul for adding stitching to those wonky Nesties! LOL
Lovely job!

Dana White said...

Oh she is stunning & she could have her suit on here today!! Awesome colouring my friend - I so can't imagine you are ever intimidated!!

Rachel G said...

She's just beautiful and I love that little sentiment!

Leslie said...

You? Intimidated? Not possible! :) Love your card - so pretty, so soft and those fishnets? Ooh la la!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Absolutely stunning Cathabella. You are an amazing artist my dear, awesome coloring !!

ScrappyLin said...

I agree with Amy. I love the stockings! She is adorable and I love the paper and your coloring is fantastic!

Tanya said...

She is beautiful! I love the fishnet stockings! Like always your coloring is amazing!!! I love the layout...those papers and colors together are delish!