Friday, October 7, 2011

Madison is ready to hit the town


I had soooo much fun coloring this Uptown girl. Meet Madison has a Margarita! She's one of the newest girls in town from the latest Stamping Bella release. I couldn't wait to get her into my craft room. Ya gotta love the Uptown girls with their long skinny legs and gorgeous dresses!

This week's challenge was fall colors so I actually went with orange, black and white...perfect Halloween colors even if this isn't a Halloween image. Ya can't think fall without thinking of trick-or-treat colors right? I scored some great orange design paper from the My Minds Eye Honey Cake 6x6 pack. I stamped Madison onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. My color medium of choice was copics but I added depth shading using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.

Her dress has some spanky charcoal glitter applied using my favorite Quickie Glue pen. I also appplied Black Glaze pen to the buttons to give them some pop. The sentiment is a bonus as it comes with the image. I stamped it in sections so it fit in my image panel onto two lines. And since it's Friday I'll be so happy to see 5 o'clock come along.

Madison is pretty tall too so you'll notice that you don't need to fuss alot with embellishments. I don't think she needs it anyway with her fruity drink and sparkly dress. I did add machine stitching and matted with a MFT open scallop die.

Wanna play along with us next week? Well the theme for real this time is Halloween. If you don't have a Halloween themed stamp from Stamping Bella in your stash just pull another one of your favorites like I did here and simply use Halloween colors in your paper and/or embellishments. That's what I did and I can't wait to show you how I repurposed one of Cristy Croll's stamps. Send a photo of your creation to emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night to be included in the Friday lineup. And don't forget to stop by to see what the rest of the sistahs have to share with us at the Stamping Bella blog. Hope I see a card from you there.

Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see ya back here soon.

Cath

4 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

FABULOUS card, Cath! LOVE her beautiful dress with the dark glitter!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous and your colouring is fab, as always! The shading on her dress is perfect and LOVE her long skinny legs! Have a great w/e!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is stunning LOVE the shading on her dress - PERFECT!! Have a great weekend

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh my Cath you absolutely rocked this card , she is so cute and coloured superbly my friend !!