Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here's a Present Sissy!


My word the holidays wear me out! I've been in transit too and just want to find some time in my craft room but alas it's going to have to wait until next week. I wanted to share a quick card I made for my Sissy. Actually her gift will be in it or part of it anyway. She wants cash for a new high tech camera, so I had to at least make her a pretty card to put it in, right?

This is Izzie has a Prezzie, a Cristy Croll image designed for Stamping Bella. I love Izzie, her curls and swaying skirt just make me smile. I was a little done with Christmas so I decided to color her in bright cheery colors and paired it with October Afternoon Sidewalks 8x8 design paper. Of course I started by stamping her in Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with copics. I've added additional shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.

Machine stitching, glitter, a border cut with a Fiskars punch and a new "package button" are the finishing touches. The sentiment tab was handmade using part of a Bella sentiment stamp and an inverted corner punch. This will be hand delivered so I could layer to my hearts content!

Have any New Year's plans yet? We'll be heading to Niagara-on-the-Lake in Canada to celebrate with some of our Michigan friends. Stay safe and enjoy yourselves.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

5 comments:

Kerri said...

love this card..your coloring is great as well..Izzie is one of my favs..thks for sharing and Happy New Year..

Dana White said...

Cath this is stunning - LOVE the paper, the shading and the sweet present you put in the corner!!

Pauline said...

Cath, she is so adorable. Wonderful job on the colouring, love the papers and that little present button. Your sister will love this card. Happy New Year and have fun at NOTL!

Leslie said...

Oh how pretty! I was afraid of this sketch but you made it SO pretty. The papers are beautiful and your shading is perfect. Hubby and I were in NOTL in November for a wedding - beautiful place. Happy New Year to you!!

Tanya said...

Ohhhh...love the October Afternoon Paper! Gives your card such a bright and cheery feel! Your coloring is just amazing=)