Friday, December 16, 2011

Last Bellariffic Friday Challenge of 2011

WOW...I can't believe we've reached the end of another year. Now hold on to your panties...I know there are a few more weeks left before we hit 2012 but this is our last Bellariffic Friday challenge. Up this week was an awesome sketch by Robinabella...wanna see what I did with it?


I looooved this sketch. It was the perfect backdrop for Lulu's Birthday Cake, an image from Stamping Bella.

I started with Bella's Bestest paper, Memento Tuxedo black ink and copics. Of course lots of shading was added with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Colors were inspired by the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found "Rosy" 6x6 design paper ...yummy chocolate browns and corals which I accented with kraft. After all the shading was done I added Stampin' Up! Cryastal Effects on the frosting for shine and glitter to the flowers and candles for sparkle. A seam binding tape ribbon and bow were topped with a button and jute. I also added Bella Birthday sentiments (this one is no longer available but there are plenty of others) cut using the Stampin' Up! Word Window punch.

Additional details can be found in the machine stitching, rounded edges cut with a corner punch and brown rhinestones in each of the four corners.

Hope you have some great weekend plans. Don't forget to keep checking the Bella Babe blogs over the next few weeks to see some more inspiration. We might not have challenges but we still have projects to share.

Ciao for now,
Cath

4 comments:

paula tracy williamson said...

Crafty CATH! This is STUNNING and beeee-uteful! And I think it looks almost too yummy to eat. hehe I can smell it from all the way over here...

Dana White said...

GORJUSS my friend!! The shading on that cake is YUMMY!! Have a great weekend

Leslie said...

Oh how I missed playing along these past weeks - life has thrown me an unexpected curve. I haven't been able to make any cards but I can look at all my blogging friends and their creations and smile. I am loving this card and all it's deliciousness! That cake looks SO real and I LOVE your seam binding bow! How did you tie that? It looks like it has four loops?!

Tanya said...

Love your "red velvet" cake! I think I need add this image to my wish list! Beautiful card, love the treatment!