Friday, January 27, 2012

Bee Mine Valentine


Ebru has given us another awesome sketch to work with this week. And since we are so close to the holiday of love I decided to color another Cristy Croll called image called Beemine Huggabug released through Stamping Bella.

Notice that I switched up the sketch a little by swapping out the circle image panel for a heart one. I then cut my Huggabugg out and adherred her to the heart too. Design papers are from My Minds Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue. The image was of course stamped onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and then colored with copics.

Here's a close up. Note that the sentiment was only partially stamped. The full sentiment is "Valentine Wishes" but you wouldn't see all of it so I only stamped Valentine. The swirls are cut from a Sizzix die and were adorned with pink rhinestones. Machine stitching and a purty black ribbon bow finish this off.

Next week you have some options if you want to play along with us...you can create a love card, a Valentine card, or a red/pink/white card. How easy is that? Don't forget to send a photo of your card to Emily@stampinbella.com by Thursday night. You can also link your card up to SCS using the case sensitive keyword BELLARIFFIC0412.

I received word that my new Bella images are shipped and on their way. Can't wait to see Mr. UPS man. I've got some coloring I want to do.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
Cath

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath, she is way too cute! Love your take on the sketch, fantatic colouring, and great paper choice! Have a good weekend!

Karen Motz said...

Ooh Cath!! This is super sweet! Love the heart shaped focal point!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

oh la la my dear, she is stunning !!! I love how you put this sketh together, the image, paper and the colours are superb !!! Can't wait to see what in store from you for next week :o) Have a great weekend.

Leslie said...

Wow, you rocked this sketch! and that shading on the Huggabugg!!! This is a wonderful take on this sketch!!

Kerri said...

Very cute!!!

Dana White said...

Cath this is freaking amazing!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! My UPS man came today :)

paula tracy williamson said...

This "bee" sooo cute!

Tanya said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love these papers together, the colors, all the embellishments...the ribbon is fabulous and I love that you used a heart instead of a circle. I love, love, love the coloring on the huggabugg...just adore this card...it was my favorite this week=)

Anonymous said...

This one is adorable too!