Friday, January 13, 2012

A BIG Heart for Valentine's Day


It's the first Bellariffic Friday of 2012 and we were given a fabulous sketch from Ebrubella. In fact she's made sure that we have lots of gorgeous sketches this year so I hope you can play along! I've chosen to get into the Valentine spirit...and have pulled out Little Peep's Heart from Stamping Bella.

As you can see I paper pieced the great big heart and had very little coloring to do but I still started with Bella's Bestest paper. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo black ink on both the cardstock and the design paper. I then colored with copics and shaded with Tattered Rose Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.

I've taken the liberty of some creative freedom and have placed the sentiment on a banner stretching across the heart instead of along the bottom of the image panel. I felt like I had to put something where Ebru sketched the sentiment so I added pink and white twine by My Mind's Eye and topped it with a button. Kaiser half pearls were placed in the upper right corner and machine stitching finished it all off. Wooo Wee I love this image.

Design paper is a combination of Basic Grey Bittersweet and Bo Bunny Crazy Love collection.

Next week our challenge is to Ink up your favorite Stamping Bella image. You can do that right? You now have two ways to play, send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night and she'll include it in the Friday Blog lineup. You can also link it up in SCS to the Stamping Bella thread using keyword BELLARIFFIC0212. Emily is giving away $20 in Bella bucks in both locations. Which could come in handy with the hints of a new release coming soon. And I've heard that there may be some new Uptown Girls coming to the neighborhood. So stay tuned.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Cath

7 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Way cute! Love the ig paper pieced heart and how you swapped out the sentiment for twine and a button.

Ebru Vatansever said...

Simply Gorgeous !!! You did an awesome job with the Sketch girlfriend, and do you know this is one of my most favourite images. You could use this card again for next weeks challenge which is a Valentines card :o)

Ebru Vatansever said...

omg what am I taking about, it's ink up your favourite image next week :o) OK I need a cup of coffee to wake up !!

Leslie said...

Pretty in pink! Such a soft, lovely card Cath - love the paper pieced heart and the bakers twine and LOVE that soft shading around the circle nestie!!

Pauline said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Love your take on the sketch. Great papers, and colour theme!

Tanya said...

Such a sweet card. I love the papers...paper piecing and banner going across the heart.

Anonymous said...

Cath, I love this one! That heart with the sentiment over top is da bomb girl! I love the paper you used for it too!