Friday, March 30, 2012

Izzie and her Easter Egg

Happy Bellariffic Friday Folks. I love Fridays...the start to a few days off and then there's sharing creations with you. This week we were challenged to create a Spring or Easter card. I used this as an opportunity to make an Easter card. I knew that one of my favorite Christy Croll images released through Stamping Bella would be the perfect. Meet Izzie. Today she's pretending to be a bunny and is holding a ginormous Easter Egg. I swoon everytime I color her ringlets. I have pin straight hair and would die for curls. I know, those of you who have curls would die for straight hair, right?

I used this opportunity to pull some spring green and pink design paper together. The background plaid is Authentique Splendid, the green gingham is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found two Breeze and the pink is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street. All are 6x6 paper packs. Yup, I collect them and hoard them. I added some Tim Holtz Distress Inks to the pink strip and around the image while leaving the panel in the Nestie die.

I stamped the image onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I did add shading throughout with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I struggled with Izzie's coat. And actually I almost trashed this. I started with a soft yellow but it was too soft. I added some golden colors but it looked blah. Next was a little purple...nope that didn't work either. Lastly I used RV19 and it looked like a nice deep burgandy over all her other colors. To my surprise that's how I achieved this. It's a little bit dark but I liked the pop of color.

The little rosettes were made using scraps of the back side of the gingham paper - it's a green polka dot. I accented with some Close to my Heart leaves, stamped a Bella sentiment (from Eva Bloom stamp) onto the center strip and stitched it all on my machine. Oh and I added some glitter too. Done!

Next week we have another one of Ebrubella's fantastic sketches. Link your card to SCS using keyword BELLARIFFIC1312. And send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night to be included in the Friday lineup. There's Bella Bucks up for grabs at both locations. Hope you can play along. Now head on over to the Bella Blog to see some more inspiration and leave Emily some love. You might win the weekly $10 giveaway.

Enjoy your weekend! Thanks for stopping by.
Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Here we go again, on the same wave length. Another gorgeous coloured image Cath. Love your colours, papers, layout and those tiny rosettes - too cute. I'm like you, I hoard my 6x6, but slowly starting to use them- I'm running out of space - heheh!!!

Dana White said...

You and Pauline were totally on the same wave length! I do love Izzie and your card is stunning - those little flowers (really you don't use a die?!) are the perfect touch and don't even get me started on how fantastic your shading is! Have a great weekend

Mary J said...

That is so gorgeous Cath!! Love your take on that sketch!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous! First off - LOVE the layout and love your paper choices. I really do struggle with my 6 x 6 pads which say everything matches but then I pull out a few and don't think they do match but LOVE these two of yours! Beautiful shading and grass and glitter and nesties, everything! Oh and for the record....Izzie's should never go in the trash....they should come to Whitby! :)

Tanya said...

Finally catching up on some commenting. March just flew by me, amazing how off track you get when you're so sick=( Anyhow, I just love your card. That Authentique paper is so pretty. I think your coat turned our beautifully, glad you didn't scrap it!