Friday, April 27, 2012

Big Shoes

Happy Bellariffic Friday folks! What a week it's been. My daughter moved back home and has been whipping my butt back into shape at the gym. She also loves the mountains as much as we do so we've been mountain biking outside too. Then of course there is her supervision of our food intake. I hate to say it folks but I now live in a boot camp! Not that I mind feeling healthyier...boy am I glad I started at the gym three months ago though so I had a head start. We've also finally become homeowners again! Yesterday we closed on the house we've been renting for a little over a year. Since we moved into the area so quickly and only had two weeks to find a home we decided to rent first and get our bearings. We ended up really loving the house and have made it home. It's big enough to accomodate all the kids when they come home for a visit and that seems to be happening quite often now that we are closer to them.

Enough about me. Sometimes we meet someone who has made a lasting impression on us. Big Shoes designed by Mo Manning and released in rubber through Stamping Bella is the perfect image for sending a card with these sentiments to. My daughter asked me to make her a Thank You card for someone back in Richmond that had opened her home to Jess and made her feel comfortable the past 5 weeks. I had just placed Big Shoes on my craft desk and said I think this will fit the bill and I can incorporate into my Friday challenge. She loved it. Once we got the design paper going and the lace and flowers and glitter she was sold!

This weeks challenge was flowers so I thought the awesome hat and some floral dp paper by MME and embellishments would fit the bill. Of course I started by stamping onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloring with copics. I did add depth shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Glitter sparkles up the shading around the image. The sentiment comes with the image and I just used the stamp-a-ma-jig to align it in a single line.

Next week we have another great sketch from Ebrubella. I'll be making time this weekend to get a start on that in between emptying boxes - finally. Can't tell you how many times this year I said I have that...I just don't know which box it's in. What do you have in store for your weekend? Hope it's fun! See ya back here later...

Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh this is so pretty. Your colouring is fabulous, love the colours and the addition of flowers (hence the challenge) just finishes it off nicely. Oh and that lace - yummy! good luck with the boot camp!! LOL.

Maria said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the layout and your colouring is fabulous. Image reminds me of my youngest who loooooves to play with my shoes. Hugs, Maria

Kerri said...

love your card and it is so nice to hear that your daughter is home..had my mom home for a week and off they went again...have fun getting into shape...your work is awesome

Mary J said...

So adorable Cath - your colouring is stunning!

Dana White said...

This is gorgeous and the flower accents and paper are perfect.
Congrats on the house and I look forward to hearing how you make out in the "bootcamp"!