Monday, May 14, 2012

Bellariffic Friday on Monday...

Ugh, Bellariffic Friday posted on Monday! Folks, I have never done this before so I hope you can have a little compassion...I was under the weather most of last week. I came home from Columbus with a stomach bug that had me stuck in bed for days. About the only bright spot to that was I lost more weight cuz I couldn't eat. I hated the feeling of not being able to do anything other than lay in bed thugh. I finally felt somewhat normal on Saturday and then had to catch up on all the household chores. So here I am groveling to you and hoping you'll understand.

Our challenge was to use stitching. That's not really a challenge for me - I love to add stitching to my cards. I think it gives them a finished look. What I should have done was to add faux stitching - now that WOULD have been a challenge but alas my spirits just weren't with me last week. I pulled Uptown Girl Posh off the shelf and made her into a Birthday card. I have a Bizillion birthdays in May to prepare for and the Uptown Girls are so dang gorgeous I couldn't resist using one.

You've probably guessed that I stamped Posh onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I added some glitz to the packages and her dress with glitter applied using a Quickie Glue pen. A Sakura Gelly Roll pen was used on the dots of the bag. The design paper is My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl 6x6. The cardstock is Bazzil and the card base is Neenah Classic Crest Solar white. Ground and surround shading was added using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol and two pink Dew Drops in the lower right corner finish this off.

Next week we have another one of Ebru's fabulous sketches. I really have enjoyed all the sketches she's made for us throughout the year. I used to be so afraid of a sketch and now I look to find one before making just about every card I do. I'm pretty sad though because Ebru has had to step down as a Bella Babe. She's started back to work and like most of us I'm sure, has found it difficult to balance all that needs to be done each week with family, home and work. I truly wish her the best of luck as she begins this new chapter in her Life's Adventure. And with that I'd like to share that we have a new Babe in the house. Help me in welcoming Katarina Menzies! She's gonna WOW you with her coloring!

Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by!

Cath

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness - not another sick Babe! I hope you are feeling much better Cath! You'd never know you were sick with that gorgeous card - love those Uptown Girls and you did a gorgeous job, as always, sick or not! :)

Denni said...

I LOVE your cards and blog! Ive just stumbled onto it today and am speechless at the beautiful work you do, wow!

Glad you are feeling better :)

Dana White said...

Oh my friend I'm so sorry you were so sick - but yeah to the additional weight loss!
Your card is beautiful!!

Mary J said...

Such a fab card, Cath!! I love that gal - gotta ink mine up again!

hope you are feeling better now sweetie!