Friday, May 18, 2012

Fixer Girl

Here we are again...with another Bellariffic Friday. With this week's sketch challenge I pulled a Mo Manning designed image released in rubber through Stamping Bella. I might actually call this a color challenge for me as well since I was so tempted to pull out my primary colors to bring this to life. I instead pulled a soft yellow and purple..not your typical tomboy colors 'eh? Well a couple weeks back Reganbella used purple for a geranium scene and I was like - Huh, that is so unconventional and yet lovely. So I set out to try something new.

I started by stamping Fixer Girl onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with copics. I did add some depth shading using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I then cut the image out and adhered it to design paper from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks 6x6 pack. Since we were given the awesome sketch from Ebrubella I simply had to piece the design paper in and added some ric rac to soften the edge. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella and I embellished it a little with a girly flower and half pearl center. Of course I whipped some machine stitching on this too. Phew!

Next week we DO have a color challenge for you - Yellow, Blue and Black. You have lots of lee way on the shades of yellow and blue so pick your favorite Stamping Bella image and share your project with us. Send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. Not only will she post it in the Friday blog lineup, but you may have a chance at the weekly $20 Bella Bucks giveaway.

We have some awesome weather forecast for this weekend...can't wait to get outside and play.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

Cath

3 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh that is so pretty Cath - I love your colouring, so soft!

Leslie said...

Ah you and Danabella are similar colour themes this week! Your card is very sweet and I love the designer (woodgrain) paper behind the image!

Dana White said...

Cath she is sweet & like Leslie I love the paper you used behind Miss Fix it!