Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Wedding Season....again!

Happy Bellariffic Friday folks. This week's challenge was an awesome sketch by the fabulous Ebrubella. It worked out perfect for a Wedding card I needed to make. One of my favorite images for this occasion is Lulu's Wedding Cake by Stamping Bella. Don't you just love how lucious this looks? Layers of delectible frosting and roses cascading down the sides....yum!

I started by stamping the image onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I then colored with copics and added surround shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol and VersaMagic Chalk in Wheat. Matting was done with Bazzil cardstock along with Basic Grey Capella design paper. Machine stitching, Viva Decor paper pen in copper and cream, glitter and a double sided satin bow finish this off.

Phew...finished just in the knick of time. The wedding is this weekend. I'll be heading over to the Bella Blog to see what you've come up with. And so you know, the Babes are working on some new things for Splitcoast Stampers. New ideas and challenges to change things up. We won't be having the second chance for the $20 Bella Bucks this week but we are working behind the scenes for some new chances for ya. So stay tuned. If you'd like to play along with us next week, and we sure hope you do, the challenge is a fun one...sewing - faux or real. I love the way sewing finsihes off a card! Make sure you use a Bella image and send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday night. So looking forward to see what you create!

Ok - I'm off for Columbus to see my family and share in the celebration of Marriage for my cousin's daughter.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

OMG Cath, this is GORJUSSSS!!!! Beautiful papers, and your colouring is fantastic. Love the colour of the cake, and the roses just set the whole card off, I think I might need to case this!! Have a great time in Columbus!

Karen Motz said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at this beauty!!! LOVE the pearl dots and the background paper compliments it beautifully!! This is exquisite!!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh so elegant my friend, you did an amazing job with this card. The colours are perfect for the occasion !!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Mary J said...

Gosh, that's so beautiful Cath! Love the pale pink - makes it pop!

msdixie said...

it's beautiful! thanks for sharing. i love the layers of the card. and your bow is fanTABulous!