Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July

Hello folks! This week's Bellariffic Friday challenge was Christmas in July. Now I know that waiting until November to start Holiday cards is not very wise but I have to tell ya I felt a little wierd pulling out my Holiday stamps when I've been sweltering in the 100 degree heat. It's been a very dry, hot summer so far - not that I am complaining since my little neck of the woods was flooded at the end of last summer, but it sure has made it a little challenging to find creative mojo. Especially since my wonderful craft room doesn't have air conditioning grrrr..

Ah well, we must make use of the resources we have so to save time and energy and simply because I loved it, I used the SSSC by Karen Giron once again! It was perfect for Uptown Girl Eve Under the Mistletoe. I even liked the way her skirt was flared out of the image panel! So, I started by stamping Eve onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I did add depth shading on the ruffles of her skirt using Tuscan Red prismacolor pencil with gamsol as well as the surround shading. The belt buckle was given a little shine with a Sakura Black Glaze pen. The fur was given a little leopard look by adding Charcoal Opaque glitter by Sparkle N Sprinkle. The mistletoe berries were popped with a Viva Decor paper pen in cream.

The image panel was cut and matted using Nestie dies. The sentiment came with the image and was hand made into a tab using a corner punch. The design paper is Christmas Home by Teresa Collins. I love snow flakes - all colors - and this simple black and white pattern made me so happy! I knew a splash of red would be the perfect pop and the swirls on the pattern reminded me of a snowy, blowy day. I know I have quite the imagination. I finished it off with a seam binding bow topped with a button I found in the parking lot...ya just never know where you'll find embellishments...and tied with black twine.

Next week we're helping you out with a sketch again. Sure hope you'll give it a try with us. Just send a photo of your creation to Emily@stampingbella.com. There's Bella Bucks up for grabs to one lucky participant. If you don't have time to create, drop in to the Bella Blog to see some inspiration from the sistahs and leave a comment, we have Bella Bucks up for grabs there too!

Enjoy your weekend!
Cath

10 comments:

Pauline said...

WOW Cath this is gorgeous! I have yet to colour her up - ran out of time last Christmas. Beautiful colouring and shading, love the leopard look fur, way to cool. Great paper choice, its well with Eve! Enjoy your weekend.

Jenny said...

Gosh! I haven't got it and now I really want it. Great card and perfect papers to match. x

Anonymous said...

Cathy, this is beautiful! Love the black and white with the added red, very hot!!

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Cath! Love how you used those papers!

Leslie said...

This is one the THE most BEAUTIFUL cards evah!! OMGosh, the shading on her dress, around the image, the richness of the paper....everything is fantastic! I LOVE it!!!

Dawn Easton said...

This is amazing! Love how you've coloured her so beautifully! Thanks for playing along with the SSSC!

Dana White said...

Cath this is stunning. OMG the shading on her dress is amazing!!!

Kerri said...

crazy beautiful..love the colours..

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Your card is stunning! You did an incredible job on the coloring!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind ... ok ... I;m REALLY far behind in commenting on your cards. Honestly though, this card ROCKS!!! It's awesome. One of my absolute FAVORITES. Great job, cuz!