Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dripping with Birthday wishes...

I finally found time to create with the new release stamps and my list July to-do cards was filled with a ton of birthdays so I thought I could incorporate Uptown Girl Isabelle loves her Ice Cream into a perfect summer birthday card.

I started with a sketch that I found wondering blogland....started but not ended up with. Ya know how you see one and it looks perfect and as you try to pull everything together it starts to look busy? Well that's what happened here. So it looks a lot like the past few cards I've done - but unintentionally. The striped seat in the image drove me to find coordinating striped paper as it reminded me of a candy shoppe. I found it in the October Afternoon Sidewalk pack along with the pretty floral background paper.

So I stamped the image onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento and colored with copics. I did add some shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol too. Of course I had to add a touch of sparkle with glitter along the hem of her dress and I made the ice cream shine with Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects.

My new Nestie Romantic Rectangles were itching to be used so I cut the image out with one and then backed it with cardstock. The sentiment was also cut with various circle nesties. I wanted more - buttons, ribbon, scallops but everytime I added them they just looked too much so with that this is done!

See ya back here tomorrow for Bellariffic Friday!

Cath

4 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh your colouring is just fab Cath - a gorgeous gorgeous card!

Leslie said...

Wow - fantastic summery card! Love the pretty colours and aren't you smart! Stamping her onto that gorgeous romantic rectangle nestie - why don't I think of that?! Oh and love those scoops of ice cream outside the nestie! Beautiful colouring Cath!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love the fun colours of summer you used. A perfect birthday card!

Dana White said...

How brilliant are you making this into a summer birthday card - I need one for next week might have to copy your brilliance!! LOVE the nesties I might "need" those too