Friday, July 27, 2012

Sassy Girl

Hello folks! This week's Bellariffic Friday challenge was a sketch and that so pleases me. Half my guess work was done and this came together like a breeze. I chose one of Mo Manning's newest additions to the Bella lineup, Talk to the Bear. I just love all the sass this little girl is giving off.

She kind of gives me that country charm appeal too so I chose Crate Paper Farmhouse design paper to work with. I started by stamping her onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento ink and colored with copics. And yes, I did add some shading with prismacolor pencils as well as the surround shading under her feet and along her body. I forgot to pull the glitter out but I think she's ok as is. The sentiment comes with her and I simply stamped it, cut it and embellished it with a nestie flower topped with a button and Kaiser Craft rhinestone.

The background was dry embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and the scallop border was done with EK Success border punches. Machine stitching and rhinestones in the upper corners finish this off. I know the sketch called for a ribbon, but I have to tell ya it looked like too much for me so I toned it down. You ok with that?

Next week our challenge is Sum Sum Summertime....lots of great stamps to choose from. Don't forget that there are Bella bucks up for grabs for participating and commenting. Now before you head on out to see what all the other sistah's have made check out the newest Bella Babe - Carla Murphy. Carlabella seems to already have a fetish for Bella's and her cards are amazing. Check out her blog CardsbyCarla.

Ok now head on out. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Cath

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath she is so adorable. I can't believe I didn't order her - well she will be in my cart next time. Beautiful colouring, love the colours and papers. Great job! have a wonderful weekend.

Dana White said...

She is so sweet - but I am shocked that you forgot the glitter - that's your "thing". Your shading is amazing my friend. Have a great weekend

Leslie said...

Wow, you blow me away with your colouring again! Love that embossed background too. Happy Friday! ;)

Mary J said...

Amazing colouring Cath! And just lvoe how you used the papers on the border!

Carla Murphy said...

Wow - love how you put this together Cathy. Your colouring is superb!