Friday, October 5, 2012

Charlie's waiting on the Chimney

Here we are once again celebrating Bellariffic Friday. Today's challenge was a sketch and I've stretched some boundaries with this one. First I flipped it. Then, the center had two layered rectangles but I used a circle in a square. Annnnd I cut the image out because I love doing that.

I started by stamping one of Stamping Bella's newest Uptown Girls, Charlie Waits by the Chimney onto Bella's Bestest paper. I colored her with copics, added glitter and then cut her out. She was placed atop an Oval Nestie cut from Red cardstock and then mounted again on a circle. Design papers are by My Minds's Eye. I've tied the center of the card with a red seam binding ribbon bow. Last embellishments are a trio of red half pearls across the top and bottom.

Here's a closeup...

Next week our challenge is Halloween - Image or Colors. One of my most favorite challenges because I LOVE this time of year. Hope you can play along with us.

And now I'e like to share with you the newest Babarooni...Mary Johnson. Mary has been one of my most avid commentors this past year. I've been following her blog and love all her wonderful creations...and boy can she color!!! Imagine my surprise when I received an email welcoming Mary to the Bella Family. You could have heard me screaming WEEEEE all the way to the UK where Mary lives. So Mary, welcome once again. Now head on over to her blog "Where's My Creativity" to check out her work for yourself.

Ciao for now,
Cath

6 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

Cath you stretch whatever the heck you want... love your cards. And this one is a beauty!!

Mary J said...

Just brilliant Cath - I must have this babe too now!! Fab brick colouring!

Vicki G said...

I absolutely LOVE this image and you have coloured it so beautifully! Very excited to be on the team with you and looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations!

Vicki

Pauline said...

Cath this is gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch, fabulous colouring and look at those bricks - awesome!

Leslie said...

Good gracious you rocked this! That is the one image I didn't order from Emily's new release because I was scared of all the colouring - especially the chimney bricks which you did expertly!! Oh and I totally "stretched some boundaries" with my card today too :)

Dana White said...

A girl after my own heart tweaking a sketch to work with your image. Love this card. It's stunning!