Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm Alive!

Hello folks! It feels like ages since I have joined blogland. So sorry to have deserted you. About three weeks ago I came down with Shingles. I have been in a tremendous amount of pain and have barely found the energy to make it through my work day only to return home, dive into my sweats, take a pain pill and hit the hay. I've finally been able to forgo the drugs to get through the night and made my way into my craft room for the first time in 3 weeks. My word I've missed it and you!

To get me back into the swing of things, I decided to color an image perfect for the season....Fall! I've colored up the basket of apples from Stamping Bella's Lulu's set of Fruit 4 pack. I found the perfect designer paper - Bo Bunny Apple Cider collection and paired it with Bazzil cardstock.

Nestie dies helped with the scalopped square and the image panel (Labels 18). I started by stamping the image onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with copics then cut it out. I added it to the image panel with a sentiment flag I hand cut and trimmed it with a hemp bow topped button.

Now that I'm getting my mojo back I have to tackle this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge - 3 papers and 3 embellishments - with of course 1 image. Too bad I couldn't fit that all into this card. Drat!

I'm off to create some more.

See you back here on Friday!
Cath

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Cath, so glad you are back, I've missed you. I'm so sorry to hear you have shingles, I remember my Mom having it and said how painful it was. Well I must say you haven't lost your mojo, because you rocked this card! Fabulous colouring as always, love all the details.

Leslie said...

Yay, you're back - I have missed you! SO sorry to hear about the shingles and do hope you're back to 100% soon! Your stamping hasn't suffered...this card is gorgeous - the colours on the apples and the basket are perfect! Take care - hugs!

Dana White said...

YAY!! Oh how i've missed your cards - so glad you are feeling better. Love this "fall" image; although its winter here - we have 6" of snow!!