Wednesday, January 9, 2013

White Space....

Hello folks! Today's card is inspired by the last Stamping Bella SCS shallenge - use white space. I know the challenge ended on the 7th and I'm a little late but I was inspiried by it anyway. It reminds me of a back to your roots card. Ya know - back in the day that I simply colored images and showcased them. Today I'm influeneced by all the fabulous papers and embellishments but that doesn't mean that I don't like the simplicity of white space and an awesome image to color.

Cristy Croll's Izzie has long been one of my favorite cutie pies and I thought she would be perfect for sending Thank You sentiments. I have a ton of these to make so I also thought they would be easy to duplicate. And although they are square so they'll cost more to mail (I know but I have a fetish for square cards) they're flat and clear of embellishments.

Pretty easy girls.. Challenge yourself to get back to the basics too!

Enjoy the rest of your week and don't forget our Friday Sketch challenge!

Cath


Card supplies:

Stamp: Izzie has a Daisy by Stamping Bella
Cardstock: Bella's Bestest for image panel, Neenah Classic Crest Solar white for card base and Bazzil for mat
Color Medium: Memento Tuxedo black ink, Copics, Prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol and Black Sakura glaze pen for headband
Finished Card Size: 5 1/2 square

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I remember my very FIRST card ever, a simple stamped image (a cute country girl) on a white card and that was it! No layers, no ribbon, no buttons, nothing but the image....and it worked! I fell in love with stamping :) Izzie is gorgeous Cath - your shading just blows me away!

Pauline said...

Aw yes, I remember the first time I ever stamped as well, actually I would emboss the image and take some tombows and a bit of water and watercolour, that was it, a plain white card, no papers, no ribbon, just a bit of glitter and that was it. I thought it was the cats meow - oh a long way we have come! Amazing card Cath - love the simplicity of this.

Dana White said...

I remember my first stamping and then colouring and how they were clean & simple. So easy to get away from that and yet it's so stunning. Gorgeous card my friend

Mary J said...

Oh Cath, this CAS card really showcases your gorgeous colouring! Love this!