Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bellariffic Friday...a day late

Hello Folks!  Sorry for the delay in getting this card done and up for you.  While I try to create on the weekends, sometimes I have to squeak in a card during the week and this week was a chemo week...and I'm sorry to say that I lost my mojo.  So here is my Bellariffic Friday -  Anything Goes challenge card.  I'm trying to do double duty, I have a ton of cards to send to all of you who have been sending me well wishes and hats and well...LOVE.  And one of my favorite cute little images is Izzie by Christy Croll.  Here she is with a Lettah sending love right back at you all.


I almost cut her out again but instead decided to showcase her in this awesome Nestabilities die - Labels 20.  I stamped her onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored her with copics.  I also added shading with Prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  For those of you who have tried this you will see that it really does add depth to the shadows - use French Grey 50% or 90% depending on how dark you want to go.  You'll also see that it strengthens the colors too - like the yellow into a smoother gold on either side of her dress here. 

The sentiment comes with the image thankfully so I made it into a MFT Fishtaill Flag and topped it off with a felt sunflower that I cut with the MFT Sunflower Die-namic. 

A little machine stitching and an EX Success border punch finish this off. Whew, one down and a ton more to go....

Next week's challenge is a sketch.  Hope you can play along.


For those of you who'd like to know I'm half way through chemo now.  We have another test to do in the upcoming weeks and we hope it will show that the cancer is in fact gone.  The next 4 sessions will be to ensure that it does in fact stay gone!  I'm feeling so much better than I did when I was sick.  I'm still working full time and trying to fit exercise in too, hiking, snowshoeing, biking and skiing.  While I've lost my hair I've taken to wearing hats and am getting used to seeing my face in them.  I was never really a hat girl but now I have quite a few I rotate.  The wig is ok - but in the cold weather I notice that I can't stay warm and it's tight so I like the hats better.  Good news - I've also lost the need for hair supplies and the time it takes to curl my hair and get ready in the morning.  Leg hair has gone away too...so many things you just don't think about.  I've also gained the ability to eat again!  The metalic taste is frustrating but it sure beats getting sick everytime you eat.  In summary - Life is good and I'm getting well!

I'm so thankful for all your well wishes, emails, comments, cards...thank you for keeping me going and keep your fingers crossed that the next three months fly by!

Ciao for now,
Cath

Card Supplies:

Stamp:  Stamping Bella Izzie has a Lettah with sentiment
Paper:  Bella's Bestest, Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry and Black Bazzil
Design Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two - Sunshine 6x6
Coloring Medium:  Copics, Prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol
Extras:  Nestabilities die Labels 20, MFT Die's Fishtail Flag Stax and Sunflower, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, Sakura Black Glaze pen, EK Success border punch, machine stitching, dimensionals
Finished card size:  6 3/8 x 5

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my friend, this is so sweet - just like you! So glad to hear you're at the 1/2 way mark...you've done SO well and sounds like you're feeling okay. No worries about losing your mojo - that will never happen :) Love your card and that nestie is beautiful! I do hope my card finally arrived to you - I apologize on behalf of Canada Post!!

Mary J said...

I have everything crossed for you honey. I am so impressed how you are just getting on with life! You do more exercise than me - I really got to get back to it!

Your card is adorable - your mojo certainly wasn't effected when you made this one! That label die is gorgeous and you've inked the edges up beautifully. I also love the papers and flowers - wonderful all round! You wanna send it to me?!! ;)

Dana White said...

She is so sweet and I love the colours you chose for Izzy .
1/2 way - way to go my friend!!!

Pauline said...

Oh Cath, so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better and so happy for you that you are half way through the treatments. I know you have this conquered! You are so strong in every way.

Your card rocks! Great colouring, love the colour combo you picked and the labels 20 die - love it!

take care my friend, always thinking of you! :) Hugs

Amanda R said...

Oh, so glad to hear the treatment is going well, will keep my fingers crossed your scans come back with great results! Love Izzie, she is another of my favs and you have colored her to perfection. I use prismas too but have never used the grays for shading so gonna try it, thanks for the tip!