Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Uptown Couple

I was so psyched to spend some time in my craft room over the long weekend.  First up is a card using the image Uptown Couple Emily and Ryan under the umbrella.  This is going to my future daughter-in-law!  Yay, our son proposed on July 4th and she said yes!  We are thrilled.

I tried something a little out of the box for me, I stamped the image onto Bella's Bestest paper and then cut around the umbrella so that it actually became a covering for the image below.  I liked the way it came out and I liked how it let me use the design paper, Simple Stories Fabulous, behind it as a frame - especially with the love birds hanging out. 

 

Coloring was done with copics, embellishments are felt flowers made with MFT dies and topped with buttons.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Finished card size is 6 1/2 x 5.

Congratulations Justin and Cait!  Can't wait for the celebration!

Cath

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh my Cath, this is exquisite! Love how the paper tells the story - it's perfect. Your colouring is beautiful and congrats to the newly engaged couple! How exciting.

Dana White said...

Oh Cath this is absolutely beautiful

Leslie said...

Gorgeous Cath! Everything co-ordinates so beautifully - the flowers the paper the image - lovely! And congrats to you, mother of the groom :)