Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Uptown Girl Opal

Hello folks!  I have a birthday card to share with you today using a semi-new Uptown Girl!  This is Uptown Girl Opal by Stamping Bella and it's taken me a few months to color her up.  I had the need for a birthday card and the recipient is quite the wine drinker so I thought Opal was a perfect choice!  Actually there some other Uptown Girls who love their refreshments too!  I think it's why they're one of my favorite lines!


Opal was colored with copics but I did add shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol as well.  As you can see I also added Tim Holtz Distress inks along the edge of the Nestie die while the die was left in place for additional shading.  I let my papers influence the color palette.  Soft yellows and greens can be found in the We R Memory Keepers Antique Chic 6x6 pack.

I've added some extras using MFT dies - the flag for the sentiment along with the flower die.  The border along the top and bottom is an EK Success die.  Finished card is 5x7.

Enjoy your week!!!

Cath

2 comments:

Mary J said...

Really beautiful, Cath! Gorgeous inking and love those muted colours!

Dana White said...

Cath this is stunning. I think she's one of my favourite uptown girl. Maybe it's the red wine?!