Monday, August 12, 2013

Mimi is the perfect chick!

Hello folks!  I'm sharing a card with you today that just fell together.  Literally!  I stamped up Mimi the Chick misses you - one of the new Christine Grove images released through Stamping Bella.  Oh my she makes me smile.  I think she'll make the recipient of this card smile too!  It's for my husband's friend and his family - he was in a serious motorcycle accident and has been in the hospital for a month now.  I know this sentiment and adorable Mimi will make everyone chuckle.


I felt that Mimi would look great decked out in plaid with her pleated skirt and beret so I hunted down My Mind's Eye Collectable "Notable" 6x6 design paper and paper pieced both!  The rest of the image was colored with copics.  I then cut her out and had her sitting on my desk when I pulled down some precut cast offs from other card attempts.  The black Nestie cut Labels 20 die looked great for the background and then I found the sentiment which is also from Stamping Bella and I had hand cut into a banner...perfect!  I backed it up with more paper from the Notable pack and machine stitched it to Black Bazzil cardstock.  Moral here is that what doesn't work today may work tomorrow so set it aside until the opportunity presents itself!  And I love the simplicity of this card. 

Thanks for stopping by - hope you have a great week. 
Cath

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh Cath, she is so sweet! She makes me smile too. Sorry to hear about your friend, Mimi will cheer him up. Love her plaid outfit, and your colouring is beautiful, love all the shading.

Dana White said...

Oh she is so sweet. Look at her paper pieced skirt!!

Mary J said...

Just fab, Cath! I love how you used the black too!

I hope he gets out of hospital soon :(