Friday, October 11, 2013

I'm in the mood to bake

The cooler weather has me searching Pinterest for new pumpkin and apple recipes .  I'm more of a cook than a baker but every now and then I get the urge to bake.  I think it has to do with the fact that we always have to eat but baking means sweets and the more I have in the house - the more I want.  It kind of defeats the purpose of going to the gym and watching what I eat all the time.  But I have a niece that loves to bake and this little number is heading her way.

Meet one of the newest Uptown Girls - Chanel the Chef

 
I was inspired by Julia Child's sentiment (which comes with Chanel) to decorate in Mackenzie- Child's style.  If you're not familiar with her ceramic pieces they are very colorful and have lots of shapes worked in.  So I pulled some paper with polka dots, bold teal and a two toned red square.  It's a mish mash of papers in my stash from Graphic 45 and My Mind's Eye.
 
Our challenge was to add stitching so I used black thread so it would stand out a little more.  Now that it's done I think I could have used a zig zag stitch and it would have stood out more.  Next time.
 
Next week we have another sketch to play with.  Hope you can join us!
 
Have a great weekend!
Cath

1 comment:

Dana White said...

Cath this is awesome and the sentiment die is brilliant