Monday, November 18, 2013

Know Joy!

I'm a little late for the Bellariffic Friday sketch challenge from last week...last week was one heck of a week for me.  Work kept me so busy that all I did was eat, work and sleep...repeat.  I needed the weekend to recharge a little.  Ever have one of those...I mean I didn't want to do a thing!  Anyway, I finished the day today with more done than not done so I decided to come home from work and give the craft room a try as well.



Using last week's sketch, I colored up Uptown Girls The Three Amigas.  I stamped them onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with copics.  I then added surround shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  Glitter was added too for some holiday sparkle.  I had to flip the sketch...the twine bow atop the button kept bending to the right so it kept covering the face of Amiga number 1 the other way.  I've learned to not fret so much and just go with the flow so I decided it would work just as well on the other side.  The sentiment is a portion of the sentiment that comes with the stamp.

Design paper is My Mind's Eye 12x12 Holly Jolly.  It's a few years old but I love the bold patterns.  The cardstock is Bazzil and the ribbon is Stampin' Up!  I can't believe the holiday season is upon us but these gals get me in the spirit to live it up!

Next week our challenge is a photo inspiration...lots to get you in the mood with this one.  Hope we get to see your creation in the Friday lineup. 



Don't forget to send a photo of your creation to Emily@stmapingbella.com by Thursday evening.  The stop on by the Blog to see what everyone else has done.  There's always Bella Bucks up for grabs and we'll be hunting for the January Guest designer from the challenge participants.

Have a great week!

Cath

2 comments:

Leslie said...

OMGosh Cath, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love those party dresses with all the glittery sparkle! I'll bet that is some party with those Uptown Girls :)

Dana White said...

Cath this is absolutely STUNNING the perfect amount of glitter on those uptown girls!!